Margaret, the eldest of their two daughters, married Sir William Booth of Dunham Massey.
The younger daughter Elizabeth was widowed and without children, and continued to live at Staley Hall until her death in 1553.
Historically a part of Cheshire, it is 8 miles (12.9 km) east of Manchester city centre and 6 miles (9.7 km) north-west of Glossop.
With the construction of a cotton mill in 1776, Stalybridge became one of the first centres of textile manufacture during the Industrial Revolution.
The manor of Staley was owned by the Grey family until the extinction of the Earldom of Stamford on the death of Roger Grey, 10th Earl of Stamford in 1976. Stamford Street, Grey Street, Groby Street, Stamford Park, Stamford Golf Club and the two Stamford Arms public houses in Stalybridge are all named after the Grey family.
As Stayley expanded in the 18th century, it reached the banks of the River Tame.
Sir Ralph Staley (descendant of the de Stavelegh family) had no male heirs but an only daughter, Elizabeth Staley, who married Sir Thomas Assheton and united the manors of Ashton and Staley.
is specifically designed for singles from Preston and across the UK, looking for more from an online dating website in Preston.
Upon his death, the Earldom of Warrington became extinct.
His only daughter, Lady Mary Booth, the wife of Harry Grey, 4th Earl of Stamford, inherited all the Booth estates.
In her will her share of the lordships of Staley and Ashton were left to the Booths.
The manor of Staley remained in the possession of the Booth family until the death of George Booth, 2nd Earl of Warrington on 2 August 1758.
in 1416 he was with the Duke of Clarence at the takingof Bayeux, and was entrusted by the king with the office of seneschalof the city. A.* [Ref: DNB, Editors, Leslie Stephen & Sidney Lee, Mac Millan Co, London &Smith, Elder & Co., NY, 1908, vol. 649]* William Edward Armytage Axon, author of this article.*****Re: this Sir John's son, Sir Thomas, the alchemist: ASHTON or ASSHETON, Sir THOMAS de (fl.